Thursday, March 13, 2008

Back to the Grind...almost

So this week was supposed to be back to the grind for me. I was to return to work part time starting Monday. I always thought I'd be one of those mothers unphased by being away from their child. I mean, what's a measly 8 hours, right? Wrong. Apparently caring for Ellia 24/7 for the past 2 months has gotten me quite attached. Returning to work had been weighing on my mind all last week. But I finally accepted the facts and decided to embrace it. I was actually a little excited to get out of the house for an entire day. So I did what I do best, I prepared. I put milk in the fridge to thaw, set out my work clothes and got the baby down early. Then Jeremy came down with something Sunday night. I have to admit, I wasn't too disappointed when I had to take another day off to stay home with my pumpkin. Of course, now I had three babies to take care of (our dog Ebba had hip surgery just over a week ago). Wednesday would be my next scheduled day back to work. But on Tuesday Jeremy got worse and after a visit to the urgent care we learned that he had strep throat. Rather than chance him passing it to the baby I decided to stay home again on Wednesday. Which is also the day that Ellia had her 2 month check-up. She weighed in at 11 lbs. 3/4 oz! AND got lots of shots. I must say she did pretty well for being poked so many times. Until she got home, that is. She cried on and off for most of the afternoon and evening with periods of sleep in between. Luckily she's back to her old self this morning. So tomorrow I will make an attempt at my first day back to work again. What a week. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

pkballard said...

Maybe we should just move back home and be your full time babysitters! LOL