Wow, can I just tell you how ready we are for fall? The colors, the cool weather, hooded sweatshirts and jeans. Bring it on! But that's not the only thing changing around here. Its been a while since I last wrote so I've got some catching up to do.
Jeremy started his new shift, 3rd shift. For all you non-police folks that means he goes to work at 4pm and gets off at 2am. You'd think that wouldn't leave much time for family but it actually works out really well. Jeremy now gets the sleep he needs (he was on graveyards). Anyone who has had the pleasure of working that shift knows the tremendous stress it puts on your body, both physically and mentally. Another bonus is that he has time to run errands, like GROCERY SHOPPING, while I'm at work. Which is a huge help! And our days off are staggered so we still get evenings together three nights a week and the days on the weekends.
Onto Ellia...she is MOBILE. Very much so. Its like one day it all clicked and off she went. Any area of the house is fair game now. I cringe everytime she soars across the kitchen tile. Ever since Ellia was born I've had this fear of dropping her straight onto her head on a hard or concrete surface. I can actually picture it in my mind. I don't know why I have this irrational fear or if anyone can sympathize but I do. Perhaps it relates to when I dropped a full size Yankee Candle in JCPenney Homestore, shattering into a billion pieces, while my husband hid in the drapery aisle and everyone stared at me. I don't know. Regardless, I have it and it makes me sick to my stomach everytime I think about it. Even right now....ugghhh. Ellia also started daycare this month. I think it was harder for me than her. The buildup to the first day gave me a stomach ache. She had no problem going to her new caretaker which was a huge relief! The first week was hard, she didn't sleep well at school which made for one tired baby in the evening. But everyday it got a little bit easier. It helps that she has such great teachers. Miss Ashley even said I could call and check on her as many times as I wanted. I called once. Each day. But every few minutes I wondered what she was doing, how she was doing, was she missing me, was she scared???? It was all I could do to keep my butt parked in my chair and focus. That's a lie, there was no focusing. Not on anything work related anyway. So she has been there for over 2 weeks now. And she has come down with her first ear infection. Welcome to the world of germs. I'm thankful that she has gone eight and a half months without any sickness. Besides this little setback, I think she is adjusting well to the new schedule. They do lots of fun stuff with the babies at school. She completed her first art project! Its a painting. Of, like, colors and sparkles and stuff. I know it may not sound it, but it is truly beautiful. We are proud.
That's it for now. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling as blessed as we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment