Sunday, November 30, 2008
My little turkey could use some wings!
I swear the older we get the faster time goes. Two weeks ago my baby was barely putting one foot in front of the other and now she comes barreling across the room. With every stage comes new adventures, and the boo-boos to go along with them. Ellia had her first real spill today. We were in the front bathroom filling up the tank for her humidifier. Anytime the water is running, our dog, Ebba, comes running too. So in the bathroom she comes. No big deal. Ellia is used to Ebba running circles around her. But as Ebba leaves the room she knocks Ellia down. I usually try not to react to Ellia when she falls because, as we all know, the kiddos look for our reaction to determine how they react. But she screamed. LOUD. And then I saw the blood dripping on the floor. I have to admit, I started to panic a little. I swooped her up and ran to the kitchen. It was hard to tell where the blood was coming from. Did her tooth go through her lip?....Did she chip her tooth, knock it out?...what do I do??? How do I know if she needs to go to the ER? Thoughts were flooding my mind. Deep breath Kim. It's a struggle for me to stay rational in stressful situations (Jeremy can attest to that), but I did my best. After some ice cold washcloths, a frozen teething ring and some big tears, Ellia was okay. And very tired. I rocked her for a little while and she fell asleep on my chest. Poor baby. And Jeremy reminds me...there are so many bruises and bumps to be had in the future. Poor mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment